Sunday, September 05, 2004

I'm back

I sort of put aside my stitching after I got back from my Seattle trip. Had company come, and then I got distracted with other things, like trying to put the apartment back in order, and playing more EverQuest, and reading, Wicked, by Gregory Maguire.

But I got to go to Needle in a Haystack last Sunday and pick up a couple things they were holding for me, as well as a lot of new stash, and I brought Blackwork Dragon and Futurecast along with me on our little trip down to So. Cal, to work on in the car, and while other people sleep. (Geeze, party people... wake up at ten or eleven and stay up till two or three... not me! I'm usually awake by 6:30 or so, and I can't make it much past Midnight.)

So I got a good chunk of blackwork done on the trip down, and BD is getting closer to completed. Yesterday morning, since the fiber for BD was still down in the car, I worked on FC instead, and got a lot of unfinished little bits done. Now all I have left are the darker of the secondary colors and the lighter of the accent colors, some more metallics on the knees, elbows, chin, tail and crest, the crystal ball, and then it's all backstitch and beading. Yay!!

The five way birthday party (mine included) was still going strong when Sam brought me back to the friend's whom we were staying with so I could crash, around midnight last night. I sort of woke up when they got in after the party had ended, but there were no clocks in sight to give me any idea of when that was. It's just turned 8 am, so I suspect they'll be sleeping another couple hours, at least. Time to stitch. The question is, on whom? I don't think I can finish either in 2 hours... but I think I've made up my mind. If I work some on BD now, I may just be able to finish him on the drive home tomorrow. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home